Sunday, September 13, 2009

Borneo Spa

A seer once told me, "you like to enjoy your wealth" and I have to say, this is me. If you have been working hard and thinking hard or if it has been a particularly tough week, a visit to the spa is the best remedy I can think of and because I am a spa fan, I have set ideas and opinions of the places I visit and the service I receive.

The Borneo Spa in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah sits high in my list. I had scaled Mount Kinabalu the day before and I was extremely sore. I could barely limp down a flight of stairs and would flinch whenever I had to move my body. The pain was excruciating and I hesitated about getting a massage. Once I told the masseuse where I had been the day before, her face lit up. She was a native and of course she had scaled the mighty mountain too - eight times!
She knew exactly what to do, where to place pressure and what would soothe my tired muscles. It was heavenly. This was one talented person and everyone else was equally qualified!

It was such a refreshing change from the standard massages that you would ordinarily receive from many such spas, they have fancy names but the masseuse would be foreign workers, newly trained and just going through the paces; not really putting their effort in the craft.

I don't remember much about the place, the consultation or even the room. I remember an honest-to-goodness fantabulous 90-minute massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment