Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kota Kinabalu

the grounds of the resort


The island of Borneo has always been an exotic destination for many and once you've taken that journey you almost always plan to come back. Coming from Kuala Lumpur where you battle traffic on a daily basis, spending a weekend in Kota Kinabalu Sabah is the perfect way to unwind.

I visited last in April this year and I spent an afternoon at Borneo Spa and the massage was unbelievable! So, when my friend Michelle invited me to visit her hometown, I immediately thought of my heavenly spa experience back in April and said yes!

We will be staying at the Nexus Karambunai Resort & Spa. It has lately become a bit run down and I was a bit dissapointed when I stayed there in April but I received an email from their General Manager, assuring me that they were upgrading their rooms and facilities, so if they have improved things, I will know this weekend!

Kota Kinabalu has so much to offer. It is clean, laid back and everyone is friendly. I love the mood and I love the food and I am determined to feast and rejoice while my girlfriends and I island hop!








No comments:

Post a Comment