Sunday, September 13, 2009

Avi Spa






I didn't expect to be bowled over. I expected a pleasant massage and a relaxing weekend with some friends but Avi Spa caught me by surprise. Walking towards the building gave me a little clue - the building itself is gorgeous and unique with straight modern lines and clear colours. The receptionist remembered me by name and offered me a seat and a range of treatments to choose from. It was warm and welcoming but in an immensely classy sort of way. I felt important and I was already feeling pampered.

My massage session was three hours away and I was offered the use of both indoor and outdoor lounges while waiting my turn. The view from both lounges were magnificent! I remember the colours - such vivid hues of blue and the indoor decor matched perfectly. I carried my book along for a quiet read but I just couldn't take my eyes away from the view. It had been a while since I could sit still and just marvel at something so beautiful. The actual massage was nothing to shout about. It didn't leave an impression. Nevertheless, I was content.


















No comments:

Post a Comment